March 9, 2010

Back... for good

YAY! I'm back. Hopefully for the long haul. So much has happened that I can't possibly catch up so here's the general idea...
Homeschooling- So far not going at all as planned. We're still trying to find our niche, but I can tell you that we must be close because we've exhausted a million and one ideas that don't seem to be working. I'm going to try the Unit Study approach after Spring Break and see what becomes of that... wish us luck.
Our house- what to say, what to say? The house has proven to truly be a blessing from God. It was freezing cold in the winter and hot as blazes in the summer, but everyone has their own space to go off and be and that's worth the extremely high water bill from cooling off showers and the extremely high gas bill from having to use the oven for heat!
Our family- Everyone is great. Greg is still loving his job! That's always good. The kids are great. Stacy, Siarah and Kamryn are playing softball this year. The boys are doing karate. Their first white belt test (although I don't know yet if they'll be able to take it) is Thursday night. Keep them in your prayers. They REALLY want that white belt. Stacy is doing good in school and had her first formal event this past weekend- The Military Ball for ROTC. She was voted Freshman Queen. Very exciting. Melanie gets bigger and smarter everyday. She is talking so much and has such a fun personality. She is a ton of fun to be around.
We also have two additions to the family. We inherited the best little doggie in the world from a friend of mine. That dog makes my day (until I step in poop at three in the morning, but I try not to dwell on that). We also were adopted by a cutie kitten the same night that we got Mox. Her name is Binx and I think she's having serious doubts she chose the right family to come to.
Church- Greg and I landed at a church that we really love last October. The people are great. It's a very traditional, small church that has great classes for the kids. The kids loved it from the first time they went. It doesn't have Wii's or anything fancy but yet they still cry if they have to miss it. That's the sign of something good, if you ask me. The girls have made a lot of friends. In fact, they're having a sleepover with three sisters from the church on Friday. We're all excited about that.
Anyway, I plan on blogging away every little thought so be prepared... I have a years worth to catch up on :-)

No comments: