August 19, 2008

Registering for school

I have come to the conclusion that I would rather be poked in the eye repeatedly than to have to register another child for school. I have been to the Jr. High 4 times and have finally "completed" registering Stacy for school. The school has done absolutely nothing to aid me in the process except to simply tell me that until her other school sent her files I could not turn in all the necessary paperwork I had on her. Why not? The elementary and intermediate schools had no problem with it. So, here I am a week from school starting and Stacy is finally registered *sigh of relief*, only to discover that I have to go back up to the school for her to pick out her classes. Unless, of course, I want to show up super early the first day of school and let her get stuck in some random classes that we'll have the opportunity to switch the first week. Can I take it home and fill it out, e-mail it to them, fax it, whatever. No, it has to be done in person. So, tomorrow I get to waste another half a tank of gas so that Stacy can go to school. Now I remember why I homeschooled.. But, it will all be worth it next week when I kick up my feet and look around at my finally clean house and drink a soda (without having to share it with anyone)!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! That's hilarious. Enjoy the peace and quiet.

ChrissyK said...

oh yay...thanks for that recipe...I have been wanting to make it ever since you told me about it...about a year ago. yummm. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

ChrissyK said...

Ok...I have come to the decision that you need to update your blog. I need an Amanda/Stephanie story. You really do have some great ones. I love to be around you guys...you always keep me laughing. :)