August 10, 2008

Eight is Enough?

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.- Albert Einstein

I look back to the day when our first daughter was born, the look in my husbands eyes, when he looked up and said " I think I want seven". "Seven children?" ask the nurse diapering my baby. "Sure, seven. A nice even number"- complete silence in the room as the nurse tries to figure out if he is serious. Now, anyone who knows my husband knows that this was his attempt at humor. However, over the past seven years he has slowly been trying to reach the goal. Recently, we regained custody of my husband's younger cousins. Three wonderful children who not only compliment my family but seem as if they complete it. For those of you keeping tally, that's 3 of my own, 1 step-daughter, and 3 custodial. That makes my husbands "nice even number". Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor?

1 comment:

ChrissyK said...

That is funny.

Ask and you shall receive. :)