August 10, 2010

Playing Catch Up

I haven't posted anything in a while. It's certainly not because nothing has been going on that's for sure. We have enjoyed a busy, sometimes, almost kid free summer. Kamryn visited with her grandparents and aunt for 2 months and did a lot of fun things, like go to Schlitterbahn and Sea World. Some very dear friends of mine from Spicewood also threw her a wonderful birthday party. Siarah spent 2 months with my step-daughter's family in Temple. She was also given a great birthday party by them. Melanie and Stacy both visited there this summer, also. We have gone to movies, visited realtives, hung out at church and spent a lot of time at the pool. The Hardin kiddos also got to see their mom for the first time since December of '08, so that was a big milestone this summer.

The kids will start school in 2 weeks. That's right. School. We decided that it was best. If Kamryn starts lagging behind I will definitely pull her out and homeschool again. I will not sacrifice my kids for my convience, but socially I think she needs school. We shall see...

We are still in the same house... which is crazy for us, given our penchant for moving. I am still steadily working on making the house into our home, which is so hard to do in a rent house.

That about wraps it up for now...

1 comment:

ashley said...

Sounds like you guys have enjoyed your summer! I guess now you're getting all the kiddos ready to go back to school.